EFFECTIVE March 7, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Non-personal information is certain information that does not personally identify you that may be automatically collected when you access or use the Website, including your computer or mobile device’s internet protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, internet service provider, or mobile carrier. We may also collect information specific to your access and use of the Website and Services including how you use, view, and interact with the Website, the pages in the Website you visit, the content you search for, actions you take on the Website, the date and time of access, referring and exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and preferences generated based on data you submit.
Additionally, certain demographic data may be collected either through the access and use of Website or through Services including your age and gender.
The Website does not automatically collect any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) unless personally and voluntarily submitted by you. We request Personal Information when providing Services in order to properly identify, represent, and contact you. Such information includes your name, social security number, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, username, password, and credit card. By providing this information, you authorize us to collect, use, store, protect, and disclose the information in accordance with this Policy. While you are not required to provide Personal Information, refusal to do so may prevent you from accessing, or inhibit us from providing, Services.
We may supplement Personal Information with additional information from public sources or third parties that may lawfully provide such information to us, such as consumer reporting agencies.
We collect information and content provided through your communications and correspondence with us in connection with the Website or Services either through customer service or other methods of inquiry. When doing so, you are contacting us and disclosing Personal Information at your own discretion and risk.
With your permission, we may collect physical location information provided through your device. This information is sufficiently precise in locating a specific person or device. You are asked when you initially access Website whether you would like to share your location. If you do not wish to share such information, you may decline to share your location and later opt out by changing your location services under your device settings. If you do not provide your location information, certain features on the Website may be limited or won’t function properly if at all.
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT
We do not intentionally solicit, collect, or disclose any information from children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that information was collected from any child under the age of 13, we will immediately and promptly delete such information and the child’s account, if any.
Any parents or legal guardians of children under 13 who discovers that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without proper consent must contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When you access and use Website and accept this Policy, you consent to the methods in which we collect information, some of which are described below:
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files with an anonymous unique identifier. The file is sent to your browser from a website that tracks, saves, and stores information about your interactions and usage of the website and is subsequently stored on your device’s hard drive. We may collect and use both session cookies, which expire once the web browser is closed, and persistent cookies, which remain on the hard drive until deleted by you. This allows Website to provide you a personal, tailored, and interactive experience.
- Local Storage: Local Storage is an industry-standard technology where a website or application can collect and store data kept on a person’s device. We store your preferences through various forms of Local Storage including your device, browser web storage, HTML5 Local Storage, and caching. This provides information on how you interact with Website and display various content based on what you have viewed on other websites.
- Pixel Tags: Pixel Tags, which also includes “clear GIFs” or similar means, is most often a single pixel electronic image that is not ordinarily visible to you and associated with Cookies or Local Storage. Pixel Tags collect usage, geographical, and demographic data in connection with the use of the Website and Services such as counting the number of users who visit certain pages on the Website. This allows us to measure user responses, deliver branded and specialized services, and help determine the reach and effectiveness of promotional and marketing campaigns.
We may perform these collection practices either directly or through a third-party vendor on our behalf.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect from the Website and Services for various reasons in accordance with applicable law, including:
- Provide and improve Services through technical and customer support, to solicit feedback, for research and development, and to inform you of new services and promotional offers;
- For standard business practices and purposes including establish and manage client accounts, merge your Personal Information with other available information to create a complete profile, contact clients regarding the Services, and providing non-marketing correspondence such as statements, invoices, confirmations, notifications, technical updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Enable, administer, enhance, and personalize the Website for users including tracking trends and analyzing use patters on the Website and providing customized content specific to your interests, location, browsing and usage history, and responding to inquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Website;
- Send marketing communications relating to our business to the email address provided by you, with the option for you to opt-out of such communications;
- Safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized access or activity on the Website or through Services; and
You acknowledge and agree that by uploading, transmitting, or providing any information or data, other than Personal Information, on Website or through Services, you grant us, or anyone authorized by us, a non-exclusive, unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, and world-wide license to use, distribute, display, modify, reproduce, transmit, perform, and broadcast derivative works, in whole or in part, and in any manner or medium, at no cost whatsoever relating to your access and use of the Website and Services.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or share any Personal Information to third parties for purposes of marketing or solicitation without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose certain Personal Information to third parties, at our sole discretion, in accordance with applicable law, including the following circumstances:
- When working with trusted third parties and affiliates, such as the IRS, who perform services for us as necessary to provide you the Services or to fulfill your request, subject to this Policy;
- To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized access or activity on the Website or through Services;
- To protect and maintain the safety of you, us, and others and related property when necessary;
- When there is a change of control or ownership of all or part of us including sale, transfer, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar;
- As required by law or regulation or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
We may disclose Non-Personal Information to our partners, advertisers, and other third parties for any reason at our discretion. Additionally, we may share information with social networking services if you use such services to access the Website or Services in accordance with this Policy and to the extent permitted by the privacy agreement with the social networking service.
We implement physical and technical security measures reasonably necessary to protect the information we collect from you from unauthorized access to, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of such information. However, we cannot guarantee these safeguards are absolutely secure and that Personal Information will remain free from unauthorized access resulting in misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction by third parties. Should we learn of a potential or actual security breach that puts your information at risk of unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, we may notify you so you can take appropriate next steps to protect and remedy the situation.
As a preventative measure, we advise that you take precaution in handling sensitive or confidential information and do not provide such information through Website or insecure online methods of communication and contact us directly. If you have any questions or concerns regarding identity theft, refer to the Federal Trade Commission for more information at www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm.
This Policy only applies to the Website. The Website may contain links to other websites that are owned, operated, or controlled by unaffiliated third-parties that not required to comply with this Policy or adopt similar policy. Similarly, we may provide access to third-party applications and widgets, including social media, (“Third-Party Applications”) to allow interaction or content sharing. Such Third-Party Applications, including Facebook and Twitter, may collect information about you. We do not take responsibility for these websites and Third-Party Applications, their privacy practices, and do not make any warranties or representations regarding their content and services whatsoever. You utilize these websites and Third-Party Applications at your own risk. We recommend that you review the privacy policies for each website and Third-Party Application you access and use to understand how your personal information is collected, used, safeguarded, and disclosed.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
The Website is maintained and hosted by a web server located in the United States. If you are located in, and accessing the Website from, a non-U.S. jurisdiction and voluntarily provide Personal Information to us or we automatically collect certain information about you, such information will be transferred and processed in the U.S. By using the Website and consenting to this Policy, you agree to such transfer and acknowledge that data protection may differ from your home country.
You have the right to access, change, and/or retract any voluntarily-submitted information by contacting us via email at email@example.com Upon notification, we will properly respond, update, and/or discard and destroy such information. Additionally, you have the right at any time to discontinue marketing or promotional communications from us by opting out. To do so, follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in each piece of communication or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California users may inquire as to whether a business has shared or disclosed Personal Information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to opt-out of, or have any questions or concerns regarding such disclosure, if any, may contact us via email at email@example.com
This Policy is effective as of the date indicated herein. We may update or make changes to this Policy at any time, without notice to you, by publishing a new version on this page. Such changes will go into effect immediately upon posting. The current posted version of this Policy shall apply on the date you access or use the Website or Services and shall only apply to information collected thereafter. As a result, you are encouraged to check this page each time you access the Website and review for any updates or changes before using the Website, Services, and/or submitting additional information to us. Your continued use of the Website and Services after we post any updates or changes will constitute your acknowledgement of such modifications and consent to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.